MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on at least one day of honorable active military service with the U. S. Armed Forces between:
(April 6, 1917 -November 11, 1918) World War I
(December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946) World War II
(June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955) Korean War
(February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975) Vietnam War
(August 24, 1982 - July 31,1984) Lebanon/Grenada
(December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990) Operation Just Cause
(August 2, 1990 - Today)* Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm
*Because current eligibility dates remain open, all current members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion until the end of hostilities [as determined by the United States government].
Eligible veterans applying for first-time membership must submit the following information:
1. American Legion Membership application. [Click on "APPLICATION," pick up an application at the Post, or obtain one from a current member of the Post.]
2. Payment of $35.00. Make checks payable to "American Legion Post 29." Mail (check) or deliver (check or cash) to our Post at address shown above. [DO NOT MAIL CASH!]
3. If the membership is approved, a membership card will be mailed to you.
Veterans applying for transfers from a current Post to our Post must submit the following:
1. Completed Member Data Form [available at the Post].
2. Copy of your current Membership Card.
3. Payment of $35.00, unless your Membership Card is for 2017.
4. If the membership is approved, a membership card will be mailed to you.
MEMBERSHIP CHAIRMAN: Jack Smith