Membership eligibility for the American Legion is based on at least one day of honorable active military service with the U.S. Armed Forces between:
|WWI||April 6, 1917 - November 11, 1918|
|WWII||December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946 **|
|Korean War||June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955|
|Vietnam War||February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975|
|Lebanon/Grenada||August 24, 1982 - July 31, 1984|
|Panama||December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990|
|Gulf War/War on Terrorism||August 2, 1990 - Present *|
*Because current eligibility dates remain open, all current members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion until the end of hostilities [as determined by the United States government].
** U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).
Eligible veterans applying for first-time membership must submit the following:
1. A completed and signed American Legion Membership application. You can pick up one at the Post, from a member of the post, or access an application online at the link below.
2. Payment of first year's dues of $35.00. Please make checks payable to "American Legion Post 29." Mail (check) or deliver (check or cash) to our Post at address shown above.
[Please DO NOT MAIL CASH!]
3. Once your membership application is approved, a membership card will be mailed to you.
American Legion Members applying for transfers from a current Post to our Post must submit the following:
1. A completed Member Data Form [available at the Post].
2. A copy of your current Membership Card.
3. Payment of $35.00, unless your Membership Card is for the current Legion Membership Year.
4. Once your membership transfer is approved, a new membership card will be mailed to you.
MEMBERSHIP CHAIRMAN: Jack Smith